A job for me here at home
This was a crazy week at my school! I found out that the 2nd grade position was taken away from in-school and given to someone who lost their tech-job somewhere else within the district. I know it's sad, but I must admit that I did laugh that all that time was spent on interviews and debating only to be told by HR who was going to teach there.
Jagger, one of the teachers on my 4th grade team, has talked about the possibility of moving back to Florida (he just had a baby and they want to be around family). This week, it became official so I get the 4th grade position if Thailand doesn't work out. I still really want to go to Thailand but it's nice to know that I won't be completely up a creek if God says "no!"
I told my team about the hope of going to Thailand -- awkward situation, thanks to my principal. But, oh well! They freaked out with excitement for me! I was a little worried about their opinion of it all because of their anti-God attitudes but this was great!! :) Jen has spent time in Thailand (and in Chiang Mai) and says that she never felt safer during traveling in another country than she did in Thailand! Not that it would happen, but she said that it would be fun to team-teach over there. :) They all agree that it's a perfect time in my life to do something like this and are even excited about the mission part of it all!
I am going head-first into Thai language learning, making a real start today. I'm really excited about this and I'm excited about the book and CDs that I chose. It even teaches the written language.
I am, of course, still waiting on hearing from Thailand -- won't be until the end of the month. But, it's good to know that God is good! :)


1 Comments:
Hey, Jerz, 'had some time and thot I'd see if you'd blogged, lately. Nice to read the latest -- I need to check this more often, I think!
Thanks for your updates and, of course, we continue praying -- with or without updates.
The news about having the position in 4th, if you want it, is comforting -- at least you know that though you are climbing out on a limb God has not handed anyone a saw!
Surely seems like everything's pointing to Thailand, though. Waiting seems sooooooooo long!! :-)
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment
<< Home