3+ months
I can't believe I've been here 3+ months already! In some ways, it seems that I've spent my whole life here and in others, I feel that I just got off the plane for the first time!
I haven't started learning how to read and write in my lessons yet but I have picked up on quite a bit more letters. So, here's a little of what I was working on tonight . . . I can't get any of the tones to show on the Roman alphabet phonetic writing.
ปราณี
11ตุลาคม2549
ดิฉันอยู่ที่เมืองไทย3เดือนแล้วค่ะ
The phonetics and meanings . . .
ปราณี - bpraanii (my Thai name)
11 ตุลาคม2549 - sip et (11) dtuulaakhom (October) song pan haa roy sii sip gaaw (the current Thai year -- they do know and use 2006, but more often, they use their own calendar date)
ดิฉัน - dichan – I (f.)
อยู่ - yuu - live
ที่ - tii - at
เมืองไทย – muangthay - Thailand
3 - saam - three! :)
เดือน – duan - month
แล้ว – leew - already
ค่ะ - kha - thought-ender (f.)


1 Comments:
I don't know how you do it -- Thai sounds difficult and looks difficult. I wouldn't make a 97% after 10 years!!
Congrats!
Praying for an increased capacity for you during the time Kathleen is away.
Love,
mom
Post a Comment
<< Home