I'm very excited that I actually have the time today to sit down and get some internet things done!
The staff and kids went on a thiaw (outing) last weekend up to Chiang Rai. We visited other orphanages there to see what they had done with layouts, etc. because we are hoping to find some land and build sometime very soon! The house that the orphanage is in now is very run-down and is literally falling apart.
It was fun to see another part of the country (although Chiang Rai is still in the north). I met a bunch of people, including the guy who runs the DTS up there. He said that although I haven't heard officially, there is no reason why I won't be accepted to attend in January.
So, now I'm getting into the swing of things -- working at the orphanage, lessons 4 days a week, staff and intern meetings, laundry, etc. I bought a rice cooker and a electric frying pan on Tuesday and cooked for myself last night. It was really good (but that might have just been because I was so hungry!) :)
Today (half-way through my 2 hour lesson) is my last phonetics lesson! Yay! Now things will (hopefully) start making sense as I memorize -- I won't just be memorizing sounds and tonalities anymore! Yay! :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home