Thanksgiving
It was another lonely Thanksgiving for me -- not another American in sight and a husband who is on lock-down at the Air Force base because he has to be ready to be deployed to Bangkok at any time.
However, I made the most of it. I had been planning all month to make mashed potatoes. When I got to Lotus (a Super Wal-Mart look-alike), I had the brilliant idea to get a whole chicken. The lady who sold it to me thought I was a little weird when I told her that she didn't have to chop it, but it looked like a miniature turkey on my table.
I also decided I would make an apple pie -- there were actually some Granny Smith's at the store yesterday. When I got home, I chopped them up nicely and added sugar and cinnamon. Only once I began measuring out flour for the crust did I realize that I did not have any shortening. So, it turned into cinnamon apples for dessert -- which was quite good.
I've got so much to be thankful for. It turned out to be a good day!
Pictures from last time Boy was home:


1 Comments:
I love the photos, Jerz! 'looks like a turkey to me!
I'm impressed that you made the best of a not-so-great day and dined in style!
We all have much to be thankful for, for certain. I'm thankful that you and Boy are safely in Ubon as we pray that everything political will get settled ASAP!
Post a Comment
<< Home