Oh my goodness!!!!
Whoa, it's been a long time!! I'm sorry. I have written updates so many times but the internet set up at DTS was horrible and it would end up crashing right as I was trying to post. Then it would take some time to get up the energy again to type and . . . oh, what a vicious cycle! So, because it's been soooo long, I will once again bullet point my life in order to make my update as short as possible! :)
- DTS is done -- graduation was July 21. I think it was one of the best graduations I have ever been in or watched! It was a wonderful 6 months of growing, stretching, and falling more and more in love with Jesus. There's just too much to write about it all so if you want more details, let me know -- I would be happy to share!
- I am now back in Chiang Mai where my boyfriend and I -- yes, I have a boyfriend! -- are settling into life in the 'real world'. I am getting more involved in my all-Thai church and spending 10 hours a week in Thai language lessons. This past Tuesday I went to a small group at my teacher's house and was even able to participate a little.
- Ok, about the 'b' word ('boyfriend') . . . his name is บอย (Boy) -- well, his real name is ศราวุธ (Sarawoot). He's Thai -- from the northeast region of the country. We met and became best friends at DTS and we are celebrating our first month anniversary of dating next Tuesday. Again, if you want more details, please ask -- I love telling people but don't want to bore those who know already or who just plain don't care.
- My plans? I am going to focus on language study here in Chiang Mai until the end of the year when I will make a trip back to the states for Christmas and a new visa. When I come back, Boy will be done with his Air Force boot camp in Ubon (his hometown) and will have another 22 months of his commitment with the Air Force. I will move to Ubon so that he won't have to make the 18 hour (one-way) bus trip every month to see me and so that I can get to know his family who are really wanting to meet me. I have applied to a local school there to teach, most especially English. I'm really excited about this as I have been missing teaching daily!
Well, I think that that is enough for one day. My brain hurts from a long week of thinking in Thai. Once again, sorry this update took so long. I love you all! :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home