Speeding Bullets of Updates
So, it's been a while. In order to keep myself from rambling, I will put up some bullet points. . .
- Kathleen is back now so I have at least some partial days off. Yay!
- I'm taking my second module test tomorrow (pray if you read this before then!) I'm now 1/3 of the way done with learning the Thai language!! Another Yay!
- Sunday is my 20th "birthday!" Happy "birthday" to me!! :)
- I am leaving for a late Christmas with the fam in 4 weeks and 2 days. We're meeting at the baby bro's in Australia. Yet another Yay!
- It's cool season here now which means a slight change of wardrobe. Yep, you guessed it, another Yay! (Although it does mean a million layers when I do my night shifts at the home and when I forget, it means no sleep due to shivering uncontrollably!)
- I completed my first solo visa run successfully. It was quite a day (complete with no meals until 9:00 and 9 hours of bus riding!) But, I'm once again a legal resident of Thailand. eeg (means "another" in Thai) Yay!
- Amy (my best friend here) is gone. Definitely not a Yay, but maybe someday she'll be back (like in 2 years as 2 people). :)
- A couple weeks ago, I was able to give spiritual advice to my Thai teacher -- in Thai!! We just talked the whole 2 hours. Big time, Yay!
- A couple weeks ago, I attended my first Thai wedding. They are Christians so it had a lot of western-influenced parts. The funniest thing -- his name is Ning (rising tone) and her name is Ning (falling tone)! Haa! :)
- My car actually works! It's only taken how many times of taking it into the shop. My motto -- "Gotta Love Thailand!"
Well, I'm thinking that should do it. I'll try to get back on again sometime soon!


1 Comments:
hi!
i was just blog-hopping when i saw urs. u look so beautiful smiling n so do ur thai friends. God has blessed u indeed, with an opportunity to work the harvests for Him in thailand! i am excited in my spirit for u too, n i sincerely pray many many souls will be attracted to ur ministry n find God in it. may ur will n enthusiasm be renewed daily by our Lord Jesus, n may ur labour in Him bear much fruit! i am certain God is going to do an astonishing work in ur life, church n ministry. work hard! for our labour in the Lord is never in vain.
your sister in Christ
Post a Comment
<< Home