Reports from Thailand

31 October 2006

A church!

So, I've decided (and announced) what church I am going to get involved in! (yay!) I finally made it back to my teacher's church (where my former teacher's husband is the pastor) and I really loved it again!

Worship was awesome -- I started crying. Khruu Rut Ciraa (former teacher) shared about her experiences on a recent trip to China and Tibet. I understood most of what she was saying. However, it took so much work for my poor little brain that by the time the pastor got up, I had difficulty concentrating. So, my attention span was on-again, off-again. It's just going to take some time to train my brain to do that kind of work for 2+ hours at a time! We had a great time during the lunch. Amy had some difficulty understanding so they looked to me to translate and, amazingly enough, I was able to!! Wow! I've learned so much even since the last time I was at the church! I told my teacher that I want to go there every week and she was very excited -- she even asked me to help her with a project for Christmas! :) Amy got some great pics so I will try to get those from her and post them ASAP.

I'm also excited because I bought a Thai Bible today! I've been looking through it on my "spare time" (like I really have any of that right now!). I found the translation of my current favorite verse. . . .

แฅ่สําหรับข้าพเจ้า ข้าพเจ้าจะมองดู พระเจ้า ข้าพเจ้าจะเฝ้าคอยพระเจ้าแห่งความรอดของข้าพเจ้า พระเจ้าของข้าพเจ้าจะทรงฟังข้าพเจ้า
มีคาห์ ๗:๗

The translation is Micah 7:7 "But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home